ACT About WRC
We all have a stake in making our country more competitive and closing the skills gap that threatens to paralyze our economy. Change starts at the grassroots level, by providing a community-based framework that:
- Links workforce development to education
- Aligns with the economic development needs of communities, regions and states
- Matches individuals to jobs based on skill levels
The foundation of a community's certification is based on individuals at the county level across the current, transitioning and emerging workforce earning a National Career Readiness Certificate (ACT NCRC®) and employers recognizing the ACT NCRC®. The ACT NCRC® is a portable, industry-recognized credential that clearly identifies an individual’s WorkKeys® skills in reading for information, applied math and locating information – skills required for 77 percent of jobs based on ACT JobPro database.
Certification through the ACT Work Ready Communities initiative is based on all participating states and counties adopting the ACT Common Criteria.
By participating in ACT’s Work Ready Communities initiative, counties, regions and states are helping:
- Business and industry know exactly what foundational skills they need for a productive workforce – and to easily communicate their needs
- Individuals understand what skills are required by employers – and how to prepare themselves for success
- Policy makers consistently measure the skills gap in a timely manner at the national, state and local levels
- Educators close the skills gap, via tools integrated into career pathways with stackable industry-recognized credentials
- Economic developers use an on-demand reporting tool to market the quality of their workforce
Please visit the links to the right for more information about ACT WRC or to sign up. And feel free to contact us any time.